You’re in the backyard. The sun is out and you’re cooking up some juicy brisket. Everyone’s enjoying the brisket until they are all full, and now you have leftover brisket.
Sure, you can reheat it the next day, but you’ve done it in the past, and it’s always turned out too dry.
You might be wondering what the best way to reheat brisket is, and we are going to take a look at three of the best methods in this post.
How to Store Your Brisket
Storing your brisket is the first part of reheating it right.
It’s not just about taking your brisket and then keeping it in the freezer because if you do this, it might not reheat and taste the way you expect it to. When you seal your brisket, you’ll help to keep the juices in the beef.
After you first cook the brisket, you should let it sit for a bit in the juices so it can soak into the beef. Next, you’ll use a vacuum seal to seal the meat effectively and save the juices.
If you don’t have a vacuum seal, that’s not a problem because cling wrap can get the job done. Take the cling wrap and wrap it around the piece of beef tightly.
From there, you’ll cover the foil over the cling wrap and then put the meat in a freezer bag to be stored in your freezer.
What is the Best Way to Reheat Brisket Meat?
We are now going to take a look at three of the best ways that you can go about reheating your brisket so that it’s nice and juicy.
Reheating Using an Oven
The first and best way to reheat brisket meat is with an oven. If you’ve stored your meat whole, then this is the best way to reheat it.
It takes less time than the other two methods and works well if you’ve already sliced your brisket down.
- Preheat your oven to 325ºF
- Take your brisket out of the freezer and let it sit for about 20 minutes. You want the meat to be at the right temperature before you start reheating it.
- If you’ve saved up the juices from the first time that you cooked the brisket, this is the time you want to pour them over the piece of beef. When you do this, you protect the meat from becoming too dry, which is usually a problem when reheating.
- Next, you’ll wrap the brisket using foil to cover the whole piece of beef. Check for holes in the covering to make sure there are none.
- For a whole brisket, you want to let it reheat for 1 hour and around 20-30 minutes for brisket slices.
- Use a kitchen thermometer to check the internal temperature of the beef. If it reaches 160ºF or more, then it might be safe to remove it from the oven.
Reheating Using a Slow Cooker
Another best way to reheat beef brisket is with a slow cooker. Now using a slow cooker is going to take more time than using your oven.
The slow cooker way of reheating is when you want to enjoy some brisket without worrying too much while reheating.
Using this way to reheat your brisket is going to take about 4 hours. Although this process is long, it will be worth it because your brisket will be juicy.
Here’s how you do it:
- Take your piece of beef out of the freezer and let it sit for about 30 minutes. Defrosting is an essential part of reheating a brisket.
- Set up your slow cooker so you can put your meat in it. A whole brisket is acceptable, and if it’s sliced, you’ll want to use the ceramic container for reheating.
- Before you start cooking the brisket, you want to pour the juices you’ve saved over the piece of meat, so it’s nice and tasty when it’s finished.
- Now your brisket is ready to be slow-cooked. Set your slow cooker to anywhere between 185ºF and 200ºF.
- Let it cook for 4 hours so that it can be nice and juicy when it’s finished.
Reheating Using the Sous Vide Method
Using the sous vide method is another best way to reheat smoked brisket. Of all the methods on the list, this is the slowest one.
You must keep in mind that using this method to reheat your brisket is going to take about 6 hours. Although it might take some time, it’s worth the wait to make your brisket nice and juicy.
Here are the steps to using the sous vide way when reheating your brisket:
- Take the meat out of the freezer and let it sit on the counter for about 20 to 30 minutes.
- Next, you want to seal the brisket with a vacuum seal.
- Fill the sous vide with enough water to ensure full immersion of your brisket. Set the temperature in sous vide to about 150ºF. From there, you just put your brisket in the water and wait.
- You’ll have to wait for six hours to ensure the brisket is reheated correctly. It will take less time if you’re reheating slices of brisket instead of the whole thing.
In closing should come as no surprise to know that the best way to reheat brisket meat is by using an oven.
Sure, we have looked at three of the best ways to reheat brisket meat but using your oven will take less time. You don’t need to have any special equipment to get it done.
Overall, it’s about knowing what you want and the amount of time you have. If you have enough time, you can use the slow cooker or the sous vide method to reheat your brisket.
Following these methods when reheating your brisket means you’ll be getting a juicy brisket every single time.
Drop a comment down below to let us know what you think!